After winning her 1st qualifying match against Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus) – 6/4, 6/2 Donna Vekic (CRO) shared her thoughts on the match after the victory.
– Donna, congratulations on the win! What can you say about the match and your opponent? Did you manage to complete what you planned for the match?
– It was a very good match. I started not so good, and Aryna started very well. She was hitting the ball hard, I was just getting used to her game, but later I found my rhythm and I was playing really good.
– Donna, you participated in the ITF tournament Neva Cup back last September and you were the runner-up. Are you happy to be back here?
– I love St. Petersburg. I had such a great time here last year, that’s why I came back. Both tournaments are very well organized. I hope I can go far here.
– A little bit personal question. How do you support Stan and were you watching the semifinal match during the Australian Open-2017 when Stan played against Roger Federer?
– Smiling. Yes, I was watching the match.
– What would you like to visit in St. Petersburg?